The Business Analyst acts as a liaison between business departments, technology teams, and quality assurance teams to ensure requirements are met and incorporated into system design, deployment and testing. The BA articulates the technology available in Salesforce, and advises on inherent best practices to leverage that technology. The BA follows standard requirements definition methodologies including developing Use Cases, High Level Designs, Wire Frames, Process Flows, User Stories, and other required documents.
Project Delivery Responsibilities:
Business and Requirements Analysis
- Elicit, learn, analyze and document the requirements of the business by utilizing interview techniques, document and process analysis, use case building, user stories and user scenarios.
- Define business need by conferring with requesters; evaluating procedures and processes. Map requirements to out-of-box functionality within Salesforce. Map business needs and processes to pre-built Salesforce features. Which requires proposing a solution by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions. As well as identifying interactions between systems to identify dependencies and design considerations for the new solution.
- Create technical documents that include use cases, process flows, actor diagrams, business documentation, business rules, validations, and actor descriptions to be used by software development and testing teams to develop new products.
- Provide reference by writing documentation (business and technical specifications) using company standards (document templates saved to GSuite; project details tracked in Jira and other project tracking tools).
- Creative thinking - able to review and analyze applications and systems from different perspectives. Flexible - able to adjust to shifting priorities. Comfortable with a fast-paced work environment with good multitasking skills. Customer-service-minded. Able to manage own time to meet department goals and deadlines.
- Must be or become familiar with company products and navigate the company's programs and systems in a reasonable amount of time. Strong skills in Microsoft Office ( Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Internet technologies), Strong GSuite Skills (Gmail, Sheets, Slides, Meet) and use of office equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, maintain cooperative effective working relationships within the company, and support a team environment.
- Work with technical architect to translate business requirements into appropriate specifications This includes defining workflow using use cases, activity diagrams, sequence and process flows. As well as working closely with the User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) team to collaborate on a solution recommendation that meets the needs of the business while accounting for technical considerations.
Development, Design, and Operational Design Support
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes
- Work with operations and support teams to write production support documentation for new and existing systems
- Collaborate with developers to test and verify that solutions will meet the business requirements
- Prepare communications to the user community.
- Facilitate system and application training with business personnel; ensure support team is equipped for ongoing support of the product.
- Write detailed test requirements for Quality Assurance (QA) to use as a minimum viable baseline.
- Review and validate test cases and scenarios created and executed by QA.
- Write and help execute User Acceptance Testing (UAT) plans and test cases to be used by end users to validate product performance and functionality, as well as execute test cases as needed
- Interpret and document error reports from customer support and business units.
- Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
- Assist with analysis to identify root cause and define potential solutions to system issues and defects.
- 1+ years of CRM/ERP experience (SAP, Salesforce, MS Dynamics, Zoho,Sage)
- Salesforce Administrator Certification is desirable. A Salesforce Administrator Certification is required within 4 months of hire.
- The BA position requires strong business skills to ensure understanding of the business use of systems for which requirements are being defined.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in software implementation efforts following a standard software development lifecycle approach is desirable
- Detail oriented with analytical & problem-solving skills
- Strong facilitation, communication, and organization skills
- Commitment to the success of the development team at large, and the business.
- Become a subject matter expert on the features and capabilities of applications developed.
- Ability to set priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- Knowledge of industry standard development methodologies and technologies.
- Independent Learner